Have you been wondering whether to build a website for your business and start selling online? You might be worried about the outcome of doing so and hesitated for quite some period. If you are in the current situation, please continue the reading.
In this article, we we’ve compiled a detailed list of online business statistics for you so you don’t have to look all over the place for the data you need. It will help you to understand more and why building a website is necessary.
Internet – Stats and Facts
Internet allows everyone to be more accessible from everywhere. Imagine your business can be known thousand miles away without you presence yourself with traditional marketing such as door to door, flyer distribution and etc.
- There are 4,383,810,342 internet users. (World Internet Stats)
- Asia (50.1%) has the highest percentage of internet users, followed by Europe (16.4%) and Africa (11.2%).
- There is 3.8 million Google search per minute, equal to 1.2 trillion searches worldwide per year.
- On average, a human spends 6 hours per day on the internet.
- Facebook is the most popular social media platform. 90.4% of Millennials, 77.5% of Generation X, and 48.2% of Baby Boomers are active social media users.
Online Businesses – Statistics and Facts
Knowing that putting your product online is important and what influences them to buy are the keys to growing a successful online business.
- 6 out of every 10 small businesses in 2018 don’t have a website for their business. (Devrix)
- 46% of small businesses didn’t have a web presence in 2018. (The Balance Small Business)
- 55% of people will search online for reviews and recommendations before making a purchase, with 47% visiting the company website, 26% checking out the physical store, and 23% of people talking with friends and family. (KPMG)
- It’s estimated that by the year 2040, 95% of purchases will be through eCommerce.
- 30% of people would rather return to a website they’ve purchased from in the past.
The Power of Online Reviews
- 86% of consumers read reviews for local businesses.
- Online reviews have been shown to impact 67.7% of purchasing decisions.
- 57% of consumers will only use a business if it has 4 or more stars
- 91% of customers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendation.
- Nearly 60% have Googled the company before doing business with them.
Rule or Lose it?
To sum up, online business getting bigger and bigger every day. Whether you to start now or later, the impact and potential are huge, soon to replace the traditional way of doing business. What you need now is a simple website that brings and generates a sale. Learn how?